Every year, families across the nation dream of transforming their homes into dazzling spectacles of holiday cheer and securing a coveted spot on ABC’s The Great Christmas Light Fight. A dream team is searching for displays to be featured in the next season of the Great Christmas Light Fight on the ABC channel. To help you stand out, build a mesmerizing display, and increase your chances of making it onto the show, we’ve gathered valuable tips and advice from the casting team. Let’s dive into the secrets to making your holiday lights shine bright!
Table of Contents
The Christmas Light Fight Team
- Kristen Moss – Casting Director: Leading the charge is Kristen Moss, the Casting Director whose keen eye for the spectacular ensures that only the most enchanting displays make it onto the show.
- Asjai Lou – Outreach Director: As the Outreach Director, Asjai Lou is the driving force behind the team’s efforts to reach far and wide. Her role involves connecting with communities and Christmas enthusiasts to discover hidden gems that have never graced the Great Christmas Light Fight stage.
- Ajay Rochester – Casting Producer: Ajay Rochester, the Casting Producer, brings her expertise to the table, ensuring that every detail of the casting process is meticulously executed.
- Sharon Houston – Casting Producer: Another invaluable member of the team, Sharon Houston, works alongside Ajay to spot the most unique and captivating Christmas displays.
- Thea Washington – Outreach Producer: Thea Washington, the Outreach Producer, is at the forefront of building relationships with communities. Her dedication ensures that no stone is left unturned in the search for holiday magic.
- Alisha Norris – Casting Associate: Alisha Norris, the Casting Associate, plays a crucial role in managing the intricate details of the casting process, contributing to the seamless execution of the show.
- Jamie Shaffer – Casting Associate: Last but certainly not least, Jamie Shaffer, another Casting Associate, brings her passion for the holiday spirit to the team, helping to discover the hidden gems that will captivate the audience.
The Search for Christmas Light Magic
This dynamic team is leaving no stone unturned in their quest for the most incredible Christmas displays. From scouring news articles to posting flyers in Facebook groups, the team is utilizing every avenue, including social media, to unearth the enchanting displays that will make Season 12 unforgettable.
They are reaching out to City Halls, engaging in conversations with neighbors, and doing whatever it takes to bring the magic of Christmas to television screens nationwide. The dedication of this team is a testament to their love for the holiday season and the joy it brings to people’s lives.
If you’ve been dreaming of showcasing your Christmas magic on The Great Christmas Light Fight, now is your chance! The casting team encourages everyone with a dazzling display to reach out. Whether you have questions or need clarification on the rules, they are here to help.
Let Them See the Lights!
As the name suggests, lights are the star of the show. When designing your display, think about the “lights on” moment – that magical instant when the judges arrive at your home. The key is to wow them with brightness, and dense lighting is the most effective way to achieve this. Get creative with your choices: LED, incandescent, projection, spotlights, fire, rope lighting – the possibilities are endless!
The Great Christmas Light Fight has a history of showcasing the best and most unique displays. Stand out from the crowd by incorporating elements that set your display apart. Whether it’s handmade items, a unique theme, or a collection of reinvented antiques, let your imagination run wild. The show celebrates creativity, so don’t be afraid to think outside the traditional holiday box.
Capture Video Footage
Did you know that the official casting session takes place during the summer? To be considered, you must provide recent, horizontal footage of your Christmas display. This footage is crucial for the casting team to evaluate your display’s potential. Check out our document for filming tips and watch our suggested shot list video to capture your holiday magic in the best light.
Bigger, Better Christmas Lights
The Great Christmas Light Fight is all about celebrating passion and dedication. Stand out by going beyond typical neighborhood lights. Many successful participants are hobbyists who have dedicated years to decorating, collecting, buying, and building. You don’t need an extravagant budget, but you do need to put in the effort. Taniya and Carter, the judges, look for outstanding design, unique creativity, and the masterful use of lights, so get to work!
Tips for Growth
- Join local buy, sell, trade groups on Facebook to connect with fellow Christmas enthusiasts.
- Network with others who share your passion and collaborate on building displays.
- Scout garage sales for unique decorations or retiree displays up for sale.
- Don’t hesitate to ask friends, family, and neighbors if they have decorations to donate.
- Take advantage of “Christmas in July” or “After Christmas” sales for budget-friendly finds.
The Great Christmas Light Fight, the beloved holiday competition, is back for its twelfth season, and behind the scenes, a dedicated and passionate casting team is working tirelessly to uncover the most extraordinary Christmas displays from across the nation. Let’s take a moment to meet the talented individuals who make up the Season 12 casting team.
As the rules may have evolved since the early seasons, the team invites you to give the audience something to cheer about. Who knows, your display could not only spread holiday joy but also bring home the grand prize of $50,000 and the coveted trophy.
As you embark on your journey to become a Great Christmas Light Fighter, remember that the key ingredients are passion, creativity, and a love for spreading joy during the holiday season. By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating a display that catches the eyes of the casting team and earns you a spot on the most festive competition on television. Let the holiday lights shine, and may your display be the talk of the town this Christmas!